On February 17th, multiple sources reported at least 13 and as many as 20 civilian fatalities and up to 200 more injured by Gaddafi security forces in Benghazi, who were said to have fired live rounds on Gamal Abdel Nasser Street.
Al Jazeera reports “there were reports of six deaths in the Benghazi confrontations, where supporters of the Libyan regime in civilian clothes (thugs) fired live bullets at the demonstrators on Jamal Abdel Nasser Street as well as on Amr bin Al-Aas Street in the city center.”
A Facebook post from Ehab Al Shibani later named the 13 dead.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Taher Issa Bin Sriti Adult male killed
- Naji Juma Jardan Al-Kawafi 18 years old male killed
- Marwan Shatthat 20 years old male killed
- Idris Ali Raslan al-Maghribi 13 years old male killed
- Maoyad Fathy Boujlawi 26 years old male killed
- Mohamed Salem Boujnaah 24 years old male killed
- Rami Saleh Idres Hammad 18 years old male killed
- Saleh Al Din Imhammed Al Jahawi Child male killed
- Ibrahim Muhammad Mahmoud Awun 19 years old male killed
- Ahmed Mousa Saleh Al Abidi 29 years old male killed
- Fawzi Hussein al-Sabri 36 years old male killed
- Hamad al-Alam 27 years old male killed
- Moataz Abdul Ati al-Darouki 19 years old male killed
Sources (18) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident mention the city of Benghazi (بنغازي), for which the generic coordinates are: 32.112582, 20.082151. Due to limited satellite imagery and information available to Airwars, we were unable to verify the location further.