As many as seven civilians including children and women died and up to 25 more were wounded in alleged Russian airstrikes on civilian homes and adjacent locations in Sahara town, western Aleppo countryside, according to sources on the ground.
The New York Times later geolocated the event.
The lowest death count was give as four by Local Coordination Committees of Syria. However, other sources said that six or seven civilians perished.
The Smart News Agency reported that local activists told them “six civilians were killed and more than 15 others wounded as a result of warplanes bombarding a religious institute, residential houses and a random camp, all of them next to each other”.
The Syrian Network fort Human Rights said the six killed included a girl and her mother. Other sources said two women and two children died.
The White Helmets published a distressing video showing one of its members collapsing when he viewed the scene. The caption said: “Volunteer Omar Al-Homoud collpased when the body of another child who was martyred was found dead in the town of Al-Sahara this afternoon ]Nov 6th]. Omar returned to the scene after learning of a missing child in the rubble and remembered his family, who died in a similar bombing.”
The White Helmets added that “seven people died, 25 were injured, and five houses were destroyed”, while @ShahbaPress said that the death toll included two children and a woman from the same family.
Multiple sources published numerous images documenting the extent of destruction.
The White Helmets published 16 names of victims, though its currently unclear who was injured and who died.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Ahmed Amin 33 years old male injured
- Abd Al Rahmman sha’r 40 years old male injured
- Mohamed Tarra 40 years old male injured
- Abdallah Khudur 42 years old male injured
- Ahmed Abdulrahman Bakro 30 years old male injured
- Siham Taha 60 years old injured
- Hamdo Wahiba 27 years old male injured
- Abdul Rahman Mustafa 33 years old male injured
- Ahmed Abdel Hamid, 28 years old male injured
- Raja’ Taha 50 years old male injured
- Abdul Rahman Ali Jourieh 43 years old injured
- Issa Hilal Age unknown male injured
- Omar Traissa Age unknown male injured
- Issa Albaik Age unknown male killed
- Mohammed Khaled Hilal Age unknown male killed
- The daughter of Mohammed Khaled Hilal Age unknown female killed
- Dipo Sha’r Age unknown killed
Sources (29) [ collapse]
Via New York Times: exact geolocation based on moment of impact footage: 36.185988, 36.847777.