As many as 13 civilians were killed, including a family of five, and others were injured, following airstrikes on Al-Rifai camp for displaced peoples in Ma’izilya. Sources were conflicted as to who was responsible, with most blaming Russia, however Syrian Network for Human rights was among a few who blamed the Syrian regime. Many sources also reported sighting “unknown military warplanes”.
Initial reporting suggested only three were killed including a mother and child, however it was later reported by Euphrates Post that the death toll had risen to 12. Most of the victims were named.
“Dozens” were allegedly wounded, however this remains unspecified. Bukamalna, however did name two injured victims.
On the 27th, Euphrates Post reported that another man had died due to his injuries sustained in the raid. Allegedly 11 members of his family were killed at the time of the strike.
The hospitals in the vicinity were – according to Smart News – reportedly out of service. Additionally, the wounded were in a serious condition therefore the number of victims was expected to rise.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Daughter of Nasser Al-Abdullah Al-Asman Al-Mashhadani 5 years old female killed
- Mohammed Al - Mahmoud Al - Taha Child male killed
- Son of Ibn Al-Awad Al-Bassis Age unknown male killed
- Saad Fahmi al-Kassar Age unknown male rom the town of Al-Sayyal, died later due to wounds sustained killed
- Ali Al-Hamad Age unknown injured
- The wife of Hussein Al - Hamad Age unknown injured