Five civilians including two to three children died in airstrikes on Zamalka according to local sources – though reports are conflicted as to whether this was the work of Russia or the Assad regime.
In a news roundup, Shaam News Network reported that “Russian enemy planes carried out intense strikes on the clash areas and on the towns of Douma, A’arbeen and Zamalka causing the fall of one martyr and several wounded.“
However, the Syrian Network for Human Rights blamed missiles fired by the regime. Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies also said the regime was responsible and named several victims, including an unidentified man.
A number of reports referred to raids on Zamalka but didn’t identify the warplanes responsible.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Aysha Nuh Child female Named by Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies, died in regime random shelling killed
- Duha Ibrahim Al-Khuli Child female Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies killed
- Ali Abu Al-Qa’a Qa’a Age unknown male Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies killed
- Ahmad Abd al Rahman Al Tabhi Age unknown male Named by Syrian Human Rights Center killed
- Radwan Abdel Wahab Karnabeh Age unknown male Named by Syrian Human Rights Center killed
Sources (24) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has published no known record of strikes in Syria from February 17th – February 29th.