Up to 15 civilians including four children died and up to 20 were injured in an airstrike on a health facility at Al Shaheel town, according to local sources – though reports were conflicted as to whether this was the work of Russia or the Assad regime.
The Shaam News Network reported that amid intensive raids on several areas in Deir ez-Zor, Russia carried out strikes targeting a clinic in Al Shaheel, leading to the death of 12 civilians.
LCCSY also believed the planes responsible to be Russian. It put the death toll at 11, naming the same victims as VDC (below) and one unidentified person.
Alaraby and All4Syria news also blamed Russia, but said that 15 people were killed and 20 others wounded. All4Syria also said that the raids had “destroyed the medical points in the village.”
In confused reporting, Deir Ezzor is Being Slaughtered Silently published a number of posts which referred to unidentified warplanes, then attributed the attack to Russia and finally said that the regime was responsible. It said that 11 non-combatants were killed – mostly women and children.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights did not say who the planes belonged to, putting the number of fatalities at seven or more and 11 injured. However, the Syrian Network for Human Rights said that government missiles were fired on a “dispensary” in the town, severely damaging it and rendering it inoperable.
The Violations Documentation Center named 12 victims of “warplane” shelling a
Alsharq Alarabi News also named Hasan Al-Mukhlaf Al-Halloum.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (6)
- Krout al-Ahwal Adult male killed
- Atouseh Awad al-Khalaf al-Ahwal Child female killed
- Khalil Khalaf al-Ahwal Child male killed
- Awdeh Mohaisen al-Ahwal Adult male killed
- Majed Hasan al-Ahwal Child male killed
- Hasan al-Ahwal Adult male killed
- Samira Awad Hasan al-Khalaf Child female killed
- Mohammad Hosain al-Mekhlef al-Haloum Adult male killed
- Rifea al-Nizam Adult female killed
- Ahmad Aboud Hosain al-Hafi Adult male killed
- Ramadan Ahmad al-Baei Adult male killed
- Hasan al-Mor Adult male killed
- Hasan Al-Mukhlaf Al-Halloum Age unknown male killed
Sources (32) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any strikes between May 1st – 31st