Eight children were allegedly injured by artillery shelling from an unknown belligerent in Benghazi.
Libya Alahrar TV wrote: “Al-Galaa Hospital for Surgery and Accidents in Benghazi announced that eight children were injured yesterday, Friday, as a result of a shell landing in the Zamzam neighborhood.
The hospital added in a statement on Saturday that the injured children, who were between the ages of eleven and sixteen years old, had moderate or critical injuries, including those who received first aid and left the hospital.
There has been no official clarifying statement issued by the official authorities in Benghazi until the moment to reveal who was behind the launch of the shell.”
Other sources published similar reports.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Abdullah Nasser Suleiman 7 years old male injured
- Sulaiman Nasser Suleiman 15 years old male injured
- Abdel Wahab Nasser Al-Shikmak 16 years old male injured
- Salem Nasser Salem Al-Shikmak 12 years old male injured
- Ahmed Faraj Nasser Al-Fitouri 11 years old male injured
- Dawood Hassan Daoud 12 years old male injured
- Haitham Dawoud Al-Mismari 15 years old male injured
- Abdul Hakim Abdul Majeed Muhammad 11 years old male injured
Sources (4) [ collapse]
Geolocation notes (1) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident mention the neighbourhood of Zamzam (زمزم), for which the generic coordinates are: 32.087047, 20.150771. Due to limited satellite imagery and information available to Airwars, we were unable to verify the location further.