On March 31st, 2011 between six and seven civilians were killed on the roundabout between the Karzaz neighborhood and Igzir bridge in Misrata by Gaddafi forces. Two civilians were children, seven year old Amma ‘Adel al-Asta and 18 month old Ru’a ‘Adel al-Asta. An Amnesty report and Facebook posts report on the deaths, with another tweet from Arab nations reporting another five deaths.
Amnesty reported on the death of two children, stating “seven-year-old Amna ‘Adel al-Asta and her 18-month-old sister Ru’a were fatally wounded on 31 March after their family fled their home in Kerzaz”.
Multiple sources from Facebook posts and tweets reported on the other casualties.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Amma Adel al-Asta 7 years old female killed
- Ru'a 'Adel al-Asta 1 years old female killed
- Ibrahim Salem Shaklawon Age unknown male killed
- Lotfi Muhammad Obaid Age unknown female killed
- Sulaiman Ahmed Age unknown male killed
- Salah Muhammad Abu Qurain Age unknown male killed
- Muhammad Al-Shuwain Age unknown male killed
Sources (5) [ collapse]
Geolocation notes (1) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident mention a roundabout between the neighbourhood of Kerzaz (كرزاز) and Askir Bridge (كوبري اقزير). Research shows multiple roundabouts between these two locations, therefore the coordinates given are of a generic point in between these locations at: 32.336090, 15.097974. Due to limited satellite imagery and information available to Airwars, we were unable to verify the location further.