Local sources claimed a whole family was killed after Coalition warplanes allegedly destroyed their house in the Sharqat region.
News of Iraq reported that the Coalition allegedly bombed civilian homes in Sharqat, resulting in the destruction of a house and the deaths all of the family members inside it.
A video posted by Daesh propagandists Al A’Amaq showed destruction in Sharqat, and also blamed the Coalition.
Al Rafidain named the seven victims from the same families
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (7)
- Hamid Shuraidah Adult male via Alrafidain killed
- Wife of Hamid Shuraidah Adult female via Alrafidain killed
- Son of Hamid Shuraidah Child male via Alrafidain killed
- Daughter of Hamid Shuraidah Child female via Alrafidain killed
- Sister 1 of Daughter of Hamid Shuraidah female via Alrafidain killed
- Sister 2 of Daughter of Hamid Shuraidah female via Alrafidain killed
- Sister 3 of Daughter of Hamid Shuraidah female via Alrafidain killed
Sources (4) [ collapse]
from sources (1) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Original strike reports
The Coalition did not directly report any strikes at Sharkat for June 13th-14th 2016. However it did report strikes further north of the town: “Near Qayyarah, four strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and an ISIL headquarters and destroyed an ISIL fighting position, an ISIL assembly area, and two ISIL mortar systems and suppressed a separate ISIL tactical unit and denied ISIL access to terrain.”