An unnamed doctor at a local medical centre near Mosul told Iraqi Spring Media Centre that his facility had received 200 civilians over the preceding 24 hours, as a result of bombing and mortar shelling.
In related news, Kurdistan’s health minister told reporters that health facilities in the region had so far received 13,000 injured and sick people as a result of the assault on Mosul.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
Sources (4) [ collapse]
Attached to this civilian harm incident is the Pentagon's declassified assessment of this civilian harm allegation, obtained by Azmat Khan and the New York Times through Freedom of Information requests and lawsuits filed since March 2017, alongside the corresponding press release published by the Pentagon. Airwars is currently analysing the contents of each file, and will update our own assessments accordingly.
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Aug 4, 2017
The report contained insufficient information of the time, location and details to assess its credibility.
Original strike reports
For December 29th-30th the Coalition publicly stated: “Near Mosul four strikes engaged an ISIL tactical unit; destroyed 11 ISIL-held buildings, five supply caches, three tactical vehicles, two mortar systems, two fighting positions, two VBIEDs, a tunnel, an observation post, a research lab, a command and control node, an up-armored VBIED, two barges, and two artillery pieces; suppressed five mortar teams; and damaged 20 supply routes and two repeater towers.”