Local reports claimed that an airstrike struck the Emergency hospital and severely damaged it. This reportedly led to the death of 29 ISIL fighters and 23 civilians.
Mosul Eye blamed the Coalition for the attack, which it also said injured 15 and killed 29 ISIL fighters.
A report in Sawlf Ateka said that one of the victims was named Anwar, who had been accompanying his mother to the hospital by ambulance at the time of the attack, after she had previously been injured by mortar fire.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Anwar Adult male killed
Sources (2) [ collapse]
Attached to this civilian harm incident is the Pentagon's declassified assessment of this civilian harm allegation, obtained by Azmat Khan and the New York Times through Freedom of Information requests and lawsuits filed since March 2017, alongside the corresponding press release published by the Pentagon. Airwars is currently analysing the contents of each file, and will update our own assessments accordingly.
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Jul 26, 2018
After a review of available information it was assessed that no Coalition strikes were conducted in the geographical area that correspond to the report of civilian casualties.
Original strike reports
For March 29th-30th the Coalition publicly stated: “Near Mosul, seven strikes engaged five ISIS tactical units and an ISIS staging area; destroyed two command and control nodes, two mortar systems, a fighting position, and a UAV facility; damaged 19 supply routes; and suppressed 10 ISIS mortar teams and seven ISIS tactical units.”