At least five and as many as 13 civilians, including children and women, were killed and between six and eight were left wounded following alleged Assad or Russian-waged airstrikes on residential areas in Khan Sheikhoun, Deir Ezzor, local sources reported.
Most sources reported the death of five civilians. However, a total of seven victims were identified by different sources, including one child, three women and three men.
Arab48 reported the highest number of fatalities as the media cited the head of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdul Rahman who said that “the strikes likely to have been launched by the regime resulted in the deaths of 13 civilians, including four children.”
Smart News cited Anas al-Diab, a member of the Civil Defense Center in the city, who said that “the planes targeted three residential areas in the city on Friday night, killing two men, two women and a child, and wounding three children, two women and one man”.
Like Smart News, most sources reported that six civilians were left wounded. However, a total of eight, mostly children, were identified as being wounded by Mustafahajali85.
While most sources identified the Syrian regime as the culprit, Smart News Agency attributed blame to Russia.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (4)
- Iman al-Qadah Adult female killed
- Samira al-Qadah Adult female killed
- Fateh Allah al-Qadah Adult male killed
- Abdullah Al Kadah Age unknown male injured
Family members (2)
- Abd al-Kareem Amouri al-Najem Adult male killed
- Aysha Abd al-Kareem Amouri al-Najem Adult female killed
- Hala Abo Di Child female killed
- Abdullah Salah al-Qadah Adult male killed
- Nihida Al Nsser Age unknown female injured
- Salah Al Kadah Age unknown male injured
- Fatima Al Nasser Age unknown female injured
- Lian Hallak Child female Baby girl injured
- Diala Hallak Child female Baby girl injured
- Mohammed Al Kada Child male injured
- Ali Mujah Age unknown male injured