At least three and as many as 20 civilians were killed and several wounded as Russian or Assad-waged airstrikes struck a water-crossing between-Abbass village and Hajeen city in al Abbas village, Deir Ezzor, local media reported.
The highest number of fatalities was reported by Al Qouriya Media Centre, who referred to the incident as a “massacre”, reporting that 20 civilians had been killed in al-Abbas.
While other sources put the death toll at three or four, a total of nine male victims were identified by name by multiple sources.
Only a few sources identified a culprit. The facebook account “Hasan Hamed”, whose cousins were among the victims, and the Syrian Network for Human Rights blamed Russia. Meanwhile, Al Qouriya Media Centre reported that both the Syrian regime and Russia were behind the attack.
The incident occured at approximately 9:00 am local time.
The victims were named as:
Family members (6)
- Rahma Allah Faris al-Hamad al-Mugheer Adult male killed
- Khader al-Faris al-Mughir Age unknown male son of Rahma Allah Faris al-Hamad al-Mugheer killed
- Ragheb Al-Faris Al-Mughir Age unknown male son of Rahma Allah Faris al-Hamad al-Mugheer killed
- Khalid Al-Faris Al-Mughi Age unknown male son of Rahma Allah Faris al-Hamad al-Mugheer killed
- Mohammed al-Muhammed al-Mughir Age unknown male killed
- Fares al-Hamad Al-Obeid al-Mughir Age unknown male killed
Family members (3)
- Amer Shrabi Hamid Adult male killed
- Nasser Salem Al-Hamid Adult male killed
- Mohammed Salem Al-Hamid Adult male killed
- Fayyad Hamdan al-Saleh Adult male injured
Sources (11) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any strikes between October 1st - 31st 2017.