Six civilians were reportedly killed in airstrikes which struck an IDP camp in Faidat Al-Jib. Sources blamed Russian warplanes, according to local media.
Initial reporting suggested two had been killed – a mother and son. Later on local media reported that the toll had reached six. All victims were named by the sources.
It was reported by Al Haal that 13 civilians were wounded, including children.
“The Russian warplanes launched several air raids yesterday targeting tents sheltering displaced people in the area of “Faydah Jab” in al Shouweit desert which led to the amputation of the feet of Mahmoud Hanan and the death of his 10-year-old son. They are from the town of Mahkan.”
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (6)
- Wife of Hamid Ajil al-Hammadi Adult female killed
- Son of Hamid Ajil al-Hammadi Child male killed
- Mrs Fatima Ajil al-Hammadi wife of Daham Abboud al-Saytah Adult female killed
- Wife of Darman Saleh Adult female killed
- Daughter of Darman Saleh Child female killed
- The daughter of Hammadi the good Durman Child female killed