As many as 20 civilians, including women and children, were killed and up to dozens more were left wounded in alleged Russian or regime airstrikes on Hamouriya, Ghouta, Damascus, local media reported.
The strikes in Hamouriya were part of a widespread shelling of multiple neighbourhoods in eastern Ghouta on February 19th, local media reported. However, according to Zaman al-Wasl, the incident in Hamouriya was the largest and had been carried out in a total of three raids. According to the Smart News Agency, mainly residential buildings were struck.
While the Syrian Network for Human Rights (SN4HR) reported “at least 15 fatalities”, the remaining reports mentioned 20 civilian deaths, including women and children.
Zaman al-Wasl, who put the death toll at 20, identified 14 by name; ten men and four women, and according to the surnames, some of the victims were most likely related. However, the report did not specify the age of the victims, meaning it’s unclear how many were children.
Sakr121 blamed Russia, SN4HR the regime, and Free Deir Al Zour Radio pointed to both belligerents. But many sources didn’t apportion blame.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (3)
- Amir Khaled Al-Jabbawi Age unknown male killed
- Imad Khalid Al-Jabbawi Age unknown male killed
- Mariam Haidar Jabbawi Age unknown female killed
Family members (2)
- Hamdu Qadoura Age unknown male killed
- Abdel Latif Bakri Age unknown male from Malihah killed
- Dia El Ghourani Age unknown female killed
- Mahmoud Abdel Majid El Zein Age unknown male killed
- Dalal El Hageh Age unknown female from Otaya killed
- Hamouda El Asali - Goober Age unknown male killed
- Noor Adnan Tohma Age unknown female killed
- Yahya Homs Abou El Zahab Age unknown male killed
- Mamoun Said Badra Age unknown
Sources (18) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any strikes between February 1st - 28th 2018.