As many as 14 civilians were reported killed in airstrikes on Al Mastouma, Idlib governorate, on June 20th, 2019, according to local sources. Up to nine civilians were reportedly wounded.
@SyrianCoalition reported “four martyrs, including three children and a woman, as a result of an airstrike by the Assad regime on the town of Al Mastouma in the western countryside of Idlib.”
@IdlibPlus, the Syrian Human Rights Committee (SHRC) and Ibrahim Bin Ali reported in total the names of 12 killed victims of the Al Bakri family and two others. Among the identified fatalities were four children and two women.
@alhariri58 tweeted: “The death toll from the town of Al Mastouma, south of Idlib, as a result of the airstrikes from the Russian enemy aircraft, has increased to six martyrs, most of them women and children.”
The Syrian Network for Human Rights wrote that the airstrikes killed “at least five civilians, including three children and their mother,” while Edlib Media Center and the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights alleged the death of four children out of those killed. Meanwhile, Shaam News Network reported that the “shelling led to the killing of seven civilians.”
Smart News Agency initially stated that three had died in the attack, as well as reporting the injury of “nine others, in addition to the destruction of homes and property.”
@AleppoAMC reported that an unknown number of civilians had been wounded. Smart News Agency added that Syrian Civil Defence teams were at the scene to recover the bodies of victims.
Additionally, Edlib Media Center reported that “dozens of cattle” were killed in the strikes.
Some sources, such as @SyrianCoalition, reported the airstrikes were carried out by the Syrian regime, while others, among which @alhariri58, blamed Russian forces. Others, such as Shaam News Network, pointed to both Russia and the Syrian regime.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (12)
- Ibrahim Khalif Al Bakri Age unknown male killed
- Khaled Ibrahim Al Bakri Child male killed
- Fawwaz Ibrahim Al Bakri Age unknown male killed
- Khalif Khaled Al Bakri Age unknown male killed
- Nouri Al Bakri Adult male reportedly killed alongside his children killed
- Muhammad Kamel Al Bakri Age unknown male killed
- Maryam Kamel Al Bakri Adult female killed
- Nouri Khalif Al Bakri Adult male killed
- Mohammed Shehadeh Al Bakri Age unknown male killed
- Nouri Mahmoud Al Bakri Child male killed
- Nouri Shehadeh Al Bakri Child male killed
- Mahmoud Shehadeh Al Bakri Child male killed
- Hadba Al Mahamid Adult female killed
- Hassan Awad Age unknown male killed