Seven or eight civilians died including one child and as many as 30 more were injured in alleged Turkish air and artillery strikes on Al Bab, Syria, according to sources on the ground.
Ameer Alabaad put the death toll at six civilians with 12 more wounded – “mostly children and women” – in a “Turkish air and artillery bombardment” on Al Bab.
IS propaganda source, Al Raed La Ykazeb Ahlahu, also reported these figures and blamed Turkey. It also published graphic footage showing the aftermath of the attack.
LCCSY said that eight people had died and also pointed to Turkey.
Halab News named the victims killed by Turkish artillery in Al Bab on January 10th.
According to jabal-aqel-albab.tk, a further 30 civilians were wounded in the shelling.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Abd al Hakim Abd al Hamid al Hamdan Age unknown male named by Halab News killed
- Yasser Zakkour al Baho Age unknown male named by Halab News killed
- Unidentified victim Child named by Halab News killed
- Unidentified victim Adult male named by Halab News killed
- Abdallah Hassan Salam Al Hashem Age unknown male named by Halab News killed
- Mohammad Ghazal Fares Age unknown male named by Halab News killed
- The son of Mohammad al A’bo Age unknown male named by Halab News killed
Sources (11) [ collapse]
from sources (1) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident mention the city of Al Bab (الباب ), for which the generic coordinates are: 36.371972, 37.51631. Due to limited satellite imagery and information available to Airwars, we were unable to verify the location further.