Up to five civilians including one child died and more were wounded – including members of the civil defense – in artillery shelling on Al Bab, Syria, local media reported – though many sources didn’t identify the culprit. A tweet by a local “Amna Alali” was the only source to attrbute blame to Turkey.
Ameer Alabad reported that three members of civil defense wounded as they went about their duties.
A another report by Al Bab 24, added that “a rocket bombardment resulted in the injury of three rescue workers – Hassan Al Haj, Firas al-Haj and Mahmoud Basha, two of them were left in a critical condition. Additionally, the father of Mahmoud Basha died in a raid while he was trying to aid his son Mahmoud Basha.”
The Shaam News Network said that five civilians died and several more were wounded in artillery shelling.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- child from the family of al Sheikh Said 10 years old named by Al Bab 24, died following raids near al Salam hospital today [Jan 14th]". killed
- father of Mahmoud Basha Adult male killed
- Hassan Al Haj Adult male injured
- Firas al-Haj Adult injured
- Mahmoud Basha Adult injured