Up to nine civilians died and dozens more were reportedly injured in alleged Turkish air and artillery strikes in Rajo village, according to local media.
Reports from Free Afrin said that a family was struck by a reported Turkish strike – killing one civilian and injuring two more.
While most sources initially reported the victims as belonging to an Armenian family, Afrin Now later published a correction: “Today we published a news story about the victims in an Armenian family as a result of the Turkish bombardment of Rajo. However it turned out that the family is Kurdish and only one of the Armenian family origins is Armenian. We apologise for this unintended error, and we promise that we will be more careful and accurate in spreading the news to our followers.”
Other sources put the death toll higher. According to Press 23, seven civilians died and dozens more were injured by “Turkish occupation forces”. A report by Alitihad Press said “at least nine people were wounded when a rocket and artillery shell targeted civilian houses in Rajo”.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Rocher Kunes Adult killed
- Shamsa Kounis 57 years old injured
- Hanifa Kounis 25 years old leg amputated injured
- Muhammad Sedo 5 years old male named by The Kurdish Red Crescent injured
- Mustafa Haj Ali 74 years old named by The Kurdish Red Crescent injured
- Asmat Gogo 62 years old named by The Kurdish Red Crescent injured