Up to five civilians including a mother and her two children were reported killed, and eleven others injured as a result of a alleged Turkish shelling, or pro-Turkey militants on Tal Rifat town in Aleppo’s northern countryside, Syria on January 23rd, 2021.
The shelling also reportedly caused material damage to the locals houses, the private and public properties and the infrastructure.
Ridaw said “Five-year-old Yasser Sakran and twelve-year-old Ebid al-Mohsen were both killed. The third person who died, Nazliye Mohammed Mustafa, was originally from Afrin, according to Hawar News Agency, an outlet affiliated with the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).” ANHA reported that the woman is the mother of the two children.
The initial reports spoke about three victims, but then a forth civilian, Saad al-Din al-Qais aged 31, died of his injuries raising death toll.
North Press Agency (NPA) said that the injured civilians were transferred to Afrin Hospital, some of them in critical condition. However, the Rojava Information Centre reported 11 wounded civilians as a result of the attack.
Thousands of IDPs from Tal Rafa’at, Afrin and Alshahba joined the funeral of the victims.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (5)
- Majid Yasser Sikran 5 years old male killed
- Abdelmuhsen Sikran 12 years old male killed
- Nazliye Mihemed Mustafa 55 years old female Originally from Afrin killed
- Muhammad Yasser Sakran Age unknown male From Tal Rifaat injured
- Ahmed Hassan [Abdulhasan] Sakran 33 years old male From Tal Rifaat injured
- Saad al-Din al-Qais 31 years old male Died in the hospital of his injuries. A source added Sakran to his surname so he could be part of the family that lost other three members in the same day. killed
- Muhammad Nori Youssef 35 years old male From Bulbul injured
- Alia Haidar Habash 19 years old female injured
- Sadiq Muhammad Abdo 15 years old male From Afrin injured
- Khalid Dudakh 33 years old male From Shara town injured
- Mazloum Ibrahim Dado 31 years old male From Shiye town injured
- Khalid Muhammad al-Ali 46 years old male injured
Sources (17) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident mention the city of Tal Rifa’at (تل رفعت), for which the generic coordinates are: 36.472576, 37.096272. Due to limited satellite imagery and information available to Airwars, we were unable to verify the location further.