Five civilian men were reported by a single source to have been killed in a coalition strike on the city of Dayr az Zawr. They were named by the VDC.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Ahmad Awwad Al Duniyat Adult male Listed by VDC, resident of Raqqah killed
- Abd Awad al-Dnayat Adult male Listed by VDC, resident of Raqqah killed
- Mohammad Awwad Al Duniyat Adult male Listed by VDC, resident of Raqqah killed
- Khalil Ibrahim Hussein Al Jassem Adult male Listed by VDC, from Eastern Al Dashisha killed
- Abd Hussein Al Jassem Adult male Listed by VDC, from Eastern Al Dashisha killed
Sources (2) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Jul 26, 2018
After a review of available information it was assessed that no Coalition strikes were conducted in the geographical area that correspond to the report of civilian casualties.
Original strike reports
The coalition has confirmed ten airstrikes in the vicinity of Dayr az-Zawr between November 7th-10th 2014, noting: “Eight airstrikes southeast of Dayr Az Zawr damaged several structures of an ISIL oil collection facility which was used to trans-load oil for the black market. Two airstrikes east of Dayr Az Zawr damaged an ISIL oil collection point.“