Five civilians, including two women and three children, died in airstrikes carried out by unknown aircraft on the al Hawaij village in Deir Ezzor Governorate, alleged local sources. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and the Euphrates Post listed those killed.
The US-led Coalition was not attributed to the attack; sources referred to “bombing by warplanes” and “airstrikes” however they did not identify the culprit. According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights more civilians were expected injured following the incident.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (5)
- Mrs. Nuria Al Shalash Al Yahya (wife of Salih Al Salloum Al Abbas) Adult female killed
- The child Farah Khader Al Saleh Al Abbas Child female killed
- The child Nur al-Huda Ibrahim Saleh Al Abbas Child female killed
- The Child Saleh Ibrahim Al Abbas Child male killed
- Mrs. Suad wife of Ibrahim Saleh Al Abbas Adult female killed
Sources (2) [ collapse]
Geolocation notes (1) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident only mention Al Hawaij (حوائج) village in the countryside of Deir Ezzor. The coordinates for Al Hawaij (حوائج) are: 35.055294, 40.488739.
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
May 31, 2018
The report contains insufficient information of the time, location and details to assess its credibility.
Original strike reports
For August 30th-31st, “Near Abu Kamal, three strikes destroyed eight ISIS oil stills and damaged five supply routes.“