Up to 22 civilians died and 32 were wounded in an airstrike on the Qosour neighbourhood of Deir Ezzor, according to local media. The regime accused the US-led Coalition of carrying out the strike. However, the Coalition categorically denied it. Other sources point towards the regime
Euphrates Post reported that 20 civilians died and 30 were wounded “as a result of an air raid by mistake targeting the perimeter of Al-Fateh Mosque yesterday evening”. It blamed the regime.
However, Al Ahed blamed the Coalition, putting the death toll at 14 with 32 more wounded.
Reuters published a report in which the Coalition denied responsibility. It said: “Syrian state television had said the U.S.-led coalition hit the government-held Qusur district, killing 14 civilians and wounding 32, on Monday.
The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said it was unclear which aircraft carried out the raid, but that it killed at least 22 people.
Colonel Ryan Dillon, a spokesman for the US-led coalition against Islamic State, said that its jets had not conducted air strikes on any part of the eastern city. The coalition says it investigates any such allegations and was careful to avoid civilian casualties in its bombing runs in Syria and neighbouring Iraq.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Khalil Al Yunes Age unknown male named by Euphrates Post killed
- Mohammed al-Hassu, nicknamed Abu Bassem Age unknown male named by Euphrates Post killed
- Abdul Aziz Amer al-Zaidan Age unknown male named by Euphrates Post killed
- Dawood Salah Al-Mawi Age unknown named by Euphrates Post killed
- Yousef Nouri Al-Hesso Abu Noori Age unknown male named by Euphrates Post killed
- Atwan Deeb Al-Atwan Age unknown named by Euphrates Post killed
- Mohamed Zakaria Al-Ahmad Age unknown male named by Euphrates Post killed
- Majed Khaled Lotfi Age unknown named by Euphrates Post killed
- Sulaiman al-Siksak Age unknown male named by Euphrates Post killed
- Dr. Alaa Al Jarad Age unknown named by Euphrates Post killed
Sources (6) [ collapse]
Geolocation notes (0) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Original strike reports
For October 22nd-23rd: “Near Abu Kamal, one strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed an ISIS vehicle. Near Dayr Az Zawr, six strikes destroyed five defensive fighting positions, four ISIS lines of communication, a VBIED factory and an ISIS headquarters.“