Five civilians including paramedics died and “many” more were wounded in an alleged Coalition airstrike which reportedly struck an ambulance in Rajim al Salibi, local media said. Sources said that the victims were killed as they attempted to help those who were wounded in incident S1471 (listed above) in Al Duaji.
According to Al Khabour, “during an attempt to aid the wounded [from the event in Al Duaji] and take them to a medical point in Rajim Al-Salibi, aircraft bombed the ambulance at the checkpoint (Al-Salibi). This led to the death of five civilians, who were named – see below.
Zaman al Wasl blamed the Coalition, as did Hasaka Rasd, which also named the above victims. This source added that “the car, which helped them to cross the Al Salibi crossing was targeted again by a drone plane and so far no one has been able to reach to the bodies”.
Eldorar also attributed the event to the Coalition, reporting that “during an attempt to rescue the wounded, the Coalition forces attacked the ambulance again near the Rujm al-Sulaybi checkpoint, resulting in a second massacre that killed five paramedics and civilians.”
Baladi, also blaming the Coalition, said that “three paramedics and two drivers” died.
The incident was first reported on November 11, 2017 at 10:00 pm by .
The victims were named as:
Family members (2)
- Fadel Al-Ezzo Age unknown killed
- Bader Fadhal Al-Ezzo Age unknown killed
- Abdul Majid Alsnagar Age unknown male killed
- Abdul Ghafur Abdul Majid Al-Sinjar Age unknown male killed
- Omar Aldolf Age unknown male killed
Sources (9) [ collapse]
Geolocation notes (1) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident mention a paramedics’ vehicle driving towards a checkpoint in the area of Rajim al Salibi (رجم الصليبي). Airwars was unable to locate this area but according to local reporting, it is related to the area of Duaij (الدعيج), which, according to information linked to incident CS1671, we have assessed is most likely located in the area marked in red below
Attached to this civilian harm incident is the Pentagon's declassified assessment of this civilian harm allegation, obtained by Azmat Khan and the New York Times through Freedom of Information requests and lawsuits filed since March 2017, alongside the corresponding press release published by the Pentagon. Airwars is currently analysing the contents of each file, and will update our own assessments accordingly.
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Oct 26, 2018
After a review of available information it was assessed that no Coalition strikes were conducted in the geographical area that correspond to the report of civilian casualties.
Original strike reports
For November 11th-12th, the Coalition reported: “Near Dayr Az Zawr, four strikes engaged four ISIS tactical units.”