Five civilians including a woman and her two children died in al Baghouz, according to local media – though it was unclear who was responsible for their deaths.
Sharqiya Voice reported that one civilian died and others were wounded “as a result of artillery shells”, which the source reported were fired by the Iraqi army.
According to Al Hall, “four mortar shells fired from the Iraqi side of the village of Al-Bagouz in the countryside of Abu Kamal, killed one man and injured five others”.
However, Al Boukamal is Being Slaughtered reported that there had been artillery shelling by the regime forces on the town of Al-Bagouz”.
The incident was first reported on November 13, 2017 at 10:00 am by .
The victims were named as:
Family members (3)
- Mrs. Nahla Al-Zaher Adult female named by Al Sharq news as killed by unidentified “warplanes" killed
- Child of Mrs. Nahla Al-Zaher 1 Child named by Al Sharq news as killed by unidentified “warplanes" killed
- Child of Mrs. Nahla Al-Zaher 2 Child named by Al Sharq news as killed by unidentified “warplanes" killed
Family members (2)
- Fahad Tayseer Al Ali Age unknown named by Al Sharq news as killed by unidentified “warplanes" killed
- Badour Taysir al-Ali Age unknown named by Al Sharq news as killed by unidentified “warplanes" killed
Sources (5) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident mention the village of Al Baghouz (الباغوز), for which the coordinates are: 34.43221,40.99226
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Oct 26, 2018
After a review of available information it was assessed that no Coalition strikes were conducted in the geographical area that correspond to the report of civilian casualties.
Original strike reports
For November 13th-14th: “Near Abu Kamal, one strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed an ISIS headquarters.Near Dayr Az Zawr, two strikes engaged two ISIS tactical units and destroyed an ISIS vehicle and an ISIS headquarters.”