According to reports up to 16 civilians including 10 members of a family died in Ain al A’rouss “following Coalition raids.” One adult male civilian victim – the head of the family – was named by VDC as Faeour al Abo.
According to Shaam News, Daesh targets had been struck in the town: “International coalition aircraft attacked the Al Bazza’i building in the town of Ain Al A’rouss near Tal Abyad, where elements of IS were holed up inside. This led to the destruction of the building and the killing of all those who were inside.”
Another source noted: “Baladi News’s reporter confirmed that ten people including women and children were killed in the family of Mr. Fa’our Al I’bbo, when the coalition bombed their home in Ain Al A’rouss. The coalition also bombed three other houses belonging to Ismail Al I’bbo, and Hamad Mahmoud Juma’a al Hawi, which led to the displacement of the villagers to the neighboring villages.”
In a later report the Syrian Network placed the final death toll at 16, who it said died in two separate events. “First incident: Fixed-wing international coalition forces war-planes fired missiles that targeted Ein Al Arous village which resulted in the killing of 11 individuals including two children and five women
Second incident: Fixed-wing international coalition forces warplanes fired a missile that targeted a residential building in Ein Al Arous village which resulted in the killing of four individuals: Victims’ names:
1- Hamad Jomaa Hamad
2- Ismail Khalil Eneizan
3- Baran Ismail Al Eneizan, child
4- Mrs. Sifein, her surname wasn’t acquired
Raqaa is Being Slaughtered has published a picture [below] of a burning building it said was among the Deash-occupied facilities targeted.
In their monthly civilian casualty reports, the US-led Coalition has indicated that the credibility of this civilian harm allegation is in the process of being assessed.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (10)
- Turfah Ibrahim Al Abbo Adult female killed
- Faeour al-Abo Adult male killed
- Ibrahim Fa’our Al Abbou Adult male killed
- Ismail Fa’our Al Abbou Adult male killed
- Mohammad Al Fa’our Al Abbou Child male killed
- Ahmad Ibrahim Al Abbou Child male killed
- Mohammad Ibrahim Al Abbou Adult male killed
- Rim Fa’our Al Abbou Adult female killed
- Aisha Fa’our Al Abbou Adult female killed
- Ro’a Fa’our Al Abbou Adult female killed
- Zahra Hamad Al Kadrou Adult female killed
- Hamad Jomaa Hamad Age unknown male killed
- Ismail Khalil Eneizan Age unknown male killed
- Baran Ismail Al Eneizan Child male killed
- Sifein Adult female last name could not be found killed
Sources (13) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Original strike reports
For February 26th-27th 2016, the Coalition reported that “Near Tal Abyad, one strike struck a large ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building.”