Heavy reported Coalition strikes on the al Hunaithal neighbourhood of western Manbij led to the additional deaths of five named civilians, according to reports. Al Hall described the location as al Rabita Street.
In their monthly civilian casualty reports, the US-led Coalition has indicated that the credibility of this civilian harm allegation is in the process of being assessed.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (5)
- Fatima Al Zori, 40 years old female The wife of Abd al Kareem
- Abd al Kareem Hunaithal 52 years old male killed
- Alaa Abd al Kareem Hunaithal 20 years years old female injured
- Nasser Hunaithal 19 years years old male killed
- Salah Hunaithal 9 years years old male killed
Sources (18) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Original strike reports
For July 8th-9th 2016, the Coalition reported that “Near Manbij, three strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL-used bridge…. Near Manbij, three strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL-used bridge.”