In a new reported Coalition civilian casualty event in Manbij on July 17th, five civilians reportedly died when airstrikes hit the city.
All sources were agreed that the wife and two adult children of Al Haj Bahri al Darwish died.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (6)
- Khaled Adult male The son of Al Haj Saleh Bahri killed
- Ibrahim Adult male The son of al Haj Saleh Bahri killed
- Mareesh al Mohammad al Abboud Adult female The mother of the two young men mentioned above killed
- Walid Age unknown male Vet, injured in his hand injured
- Daughter of Ibrahim Al Haj Sabri Age unknown female [injured in her chest injured
- Daughter of Ibrahim Age unknown female Injured in her hand injured
Sources (10) [ collapse]
from sources (1) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Original strike reports
For July 16th-17th 2016, the Coalition reported that “Near Manbij, seven strikes struck five separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed nine ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL tactical vehicle, and an ISIL house borne improvised explosive device (HBIED).”