ISIL’s media wing was among those reporting the deaths of five civilians in an alleged Coalition air raid on Tal al Samin.
According to Al A’Amaq, “five people were killed after their home was targeted with an air raid in the village of Tal al Samin Janoubi, north of Raqqa.” However, heavy artlllery strikes were also reported on the town.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Wadah Abdullah Hassan Age unknown male killed
- Ahmed Al Najim Al-Kadeeb Age unknown male killed
- Jumah al-Badri's son Age unknown male killed
- Ali Hamad Hamidawi Age unknown male killed
- Jassim Al Shamma Age unknown male killed
- Isa Sulaiman Al-Jubail Age unknown male killed
- Abdullah Hassan al-Issa Age unknown male killed
- Ali Al Shamma's daughter Adult female killed
Sources (5) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Sep 27, 2018
After a review of available information and strike video it was assessed that there is insufficient evidence to find civilians were harmed in this strike.
Original strike reports
For November 18th-19th, the Coalition reported “Near Ar Raqqah, two strikes engaged an ISIL storage facility and destroyed seven oil storage tanks and four oil transfer compressors. Near Ayn Isa, 13 strikes engaged 10 ISIL tactical units; destroyed five fighting positions, an IED facility, a VBIED, and an artillery system; and damaged a supply route.“