Nine civilians from one family were killed in an alleged Coalition strike at al Andalus Farms.
According to Qasioun, the strike hit a residential neighbourhoods inhabited by displaced people from Maskana. Nation Defense, which also blamed the Coalition, put the death toll as high as 18.
According to Shaam News “unidentified” warplanes targeted a farmhouse “leading to a terrible massacre against civilians displaced from the eastern countryside of Aleppo, leaving seven martyrs as a primary outcome, and many wounded.”
Nine victims from Maskana – killed by “unidentified planes” – were named by VDC.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (9)
- Aboud Hamd al-Kanj Adult male killed
- Muhannad Aboud al-Kanj Adult killed
- Ftaim Mahmoud al-Kanj Adult male killed
- Hmaidi al-Hamd al-Kanj Adult male killed
- Sara, wife of Ibrahim al Kanj Adult female killed
- Son of Ibraheem al-Kanj 1 Child male killed
- Son of Ibraheem al-Kanj 2 Child male killed
- Son of Ibraheem al-Kanj 3 Child male killed
- Son of Ibraheem al-Kanj 4 Child male killed
Sources (29) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Jan 25, 2018
After a review of available information and strike video it was assessed that there is insufficient evidence to find that civilians were harmed in this strike.
Original strike reports
For March 19th-20th it stated: “Near Ar Raqqah, 18 strikes engaged seven ISIS tactical units; destroyed 10 fighting positions, six barges, three ISIS headquarters, a tactical vehicle, an IED factory, and a weapons factory; and damaged a supply route.”