Four civilians, including two women, were killed and at least three more were injured in alleged Coalition airstrikes in Al Ruweih village, which lies in the countryside near Al Shadadi city, local media said.
A number of local sources named three victims of the Al Alewi al Abd Family. A fourth member of the al Alewi al Abd family was not identified.
All sources that reported the incident alleged that the Coalition was responsible.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (3)
- Barak al Alewi al Abd Adult male killed
- Wadha al Jaban Adult female Barak’s wife killed
- Samira al Alewi al Abd Age unknown female killed
- Sabbouha al Alewi Age unknown injured
- Nawja al Mohammed Age unknown injured
- wife of Hneidi al Alewi Adult female injured
Sources (12) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Jun 28, 2018
After a review of available information and strike video it was assessed that there is insufficient evidence to find civilians were harmed in this strike.
Original strike reports
For May 20th-21st, the Coalition reported that: “Near al Hawl, one strike destroyed seven fighting positions and a mortar site.”
For May 21st-22nd, the Coalition did not report any airstrikes near Hassakah.