As many as 12 civilians were killed, including at least three children and two women, in airstrikes on Bokro Foqani, situated in the eastern countryside of Deir Ezzor. Sources were contested with blame attributed to Russia, the Syrian regime and the US-led Coalition. Most reports were unable to identify the culprit.
The news agency Baladi believed the “warplanes” to be US-led Coalition. According to Baladi mosques in the area “launched a distress call” for blood donations due to large numbers wounded and the area suffering for lack of medical resources.
Syrianpc suspected “dozens” wounded and provided an initial list of victims.
The airstrikes reportedly targeted civilian homes. Euphrates Post published a series of photographs of the material damage. The Post did not apportion blame.
Assad’s regime was attributed blame by Horrya, with the source reporting that three raids took place on the village.
Step News Agency blamed Moscow and said the strikes occurred whilst people of the town fled towards “the Badia and Euphrates River”.
Syriandays documented a lower death count at seven. It attributed blame to “the aggression of the “coalition””.
In contrast to this the Syrian Network for Human Rights held the regime responsible, it gave a lower figure of “at least 3” and did not name victims.
Smart referred to “unknown fighters” as culprit whilst Smart blamed Russia, as did Jisirtv.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Awad Al-Ahmad Al-Jedaie “Gaddafi” Adult male killed
- Ibrahim Al-Ahmad Al-Jedaie Adult male killed
- Rokaya Jalal Al-Olayan Adult female wife of Khalil Ibrahim Al-Ahmad Al-Jedaie killed
- Maha Mohammed Al-Khalif Al-Jaileh Adult female wife of Mahmoud Hawala killed
- Daughter of Maha al-Mohammad al-Khlaif al-Jeileh Child female killed
- Son of Rokaia al-Elian 1 Child male killed
- Son of Rokaia al-Elian 2 Child male killed
- Yusuf Mahmoud al-Hawala Age unknown male Possibly the same as Saad Al-Yousef Al-Ahmad Al-Jedaie killed
- Saad Al-Yousef Al-Ahmad Al-Jedaie Adult male killed
- Omar Khaled Al Khalaf Al Hammadi Adult male killed
Sources (33) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident mention the village of Bokros Foqani (بقرص فوقاني), eastern countryside of Deir ez-Zor, for which the coordinates are: 35.090833, 40.398056.
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Jun 28, 2018
After a review of available information it was assessed that no Coalition strikes were conducted in the geographical area that correspond to the report of civilian casualties.
Original strike reports
For September 29th – 30th the Coalition reported “Near Abu Kamal, 3 strikes engaged four ISIS units and destroyed three vehicles.”