Up to nine civilians including two children from the same family died in an airstrike on Beza’a city, according to local media – though sources were conflicted as to whether this was the work of Turkey or the US-led Coalition.
Aleppo Media Center reported that “the child Hamdo al Bakir and an entire family made up of seven people” died following Turkish raids.
LCCSY instead said that civilians died as result of Turkish bombing on the city, as did Micro Syria. Sawa_sawanews also blamed Turkey, putting the death toll at nine.
However, the Syrian Network for Human Rights attributed the event to the Coalition. It said that “at least seven civilians died in International Coalition warplanes missiles fired on Beza’a city in Aleppo governorate eastern suburbs, January 12, 2017, SNHR has yet to verify the news.” Al Amawi news also attrubited blame to the Coalition.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Abd al Sattar Saleh Al Khodra al Bazi’i Adult male named by Al Bab al Hadath killed
- Daughter of Abd al Sattar Saleh Al Khodra al Bazi’i Child female named by Al Bab al Hadath killed
- Mohammad, son of Abd al Sattar Saleh Al Khodra al Bazi’i Adult male named by Al Bab al Hadath killed
- Abd al Jawwad Saleh Al Khodra al Bazi’i Adult male named by Al Bab al HadathBrother of Abd al Sattar Saleh Al Khodra al Bazi’i killed
- Hamdo al Bakir Child male named by Al Bab al Hadath killed
Sources (15) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Sep 27, 2018
After a review of available information and strike video it was assessed that there is insufficient evidence to find civilians were harmed in this strike.
Original strike reports
Fir Jan 12th-13th, the Coalition reported: "Near Manbij, two strikes damaged a vehicle and a mortar system."