CJTF–OIR for March 30, 2016 – March 31, 2016
On March 30, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted two strikes using attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets. Additionally in Iraq, Coalition military forces conducted 25 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using rocket artillery and attack, fighter, and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets. The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release: Syria * Near Al Hawl, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Mar’a, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL defensive fighting positions.
* Near Habbaniyah, one strike damaged an ISIL defensive fighting position.
* Near Haditha, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Hit, three strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL safe house and destroyed two ISIL supply caches, 15 ISIL rockets, three ISIL bunkers, and an ISIL tunnel.
* Near Kirkuk, three strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed five ISIL assembly areas and an ISIL bed down location.
* Near Mosul, eight strikes [1 British] struck five separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed three ISIL assembly areas, an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL bed down location, two ISIL safe houses, an ISIL fighting position, and suppressed two ISIL mortar firing positions.
* Near Qayyarah, four strikes struck an ISIL improvised explosive device (IED) factory and an ISIL communications facility and destroyed an ISIL mortar position and denied ISIL access to terrain.
* Near Sultan Abdallah, four strikes destroyed four ISIL assembly areas, five ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL tunnel system, and an ISIL improvised ferry system.
* Near Tal Afar, one strike struck an ISIL communications facility.