A local Facebook page and a resident said that one young man named Ahmed Hikmat al-Tai was killed and many families were still under the rubble after air strikes hit the Farouk area (near the Jewish area) in Old Mosul.
Local resident Noor Alniamy called for help for several families in the Farouk area, saying that voices could be heard from under the rubble and that the civil defence would not come to rescue them. This is possibly related to earlier incidents, as the post suggested the families had been under the rubble for five days now.
Local monitor Sowef Ateka reported speaking with a child who had lost family members in the event: “A child we met during the distribution of aid near the victory bridge said all members of her family were killed in the bombing during the liberation of the neighborhood of Farouk. They were under the rubble and were recovered by Salamat.”
A senior Coalition official informed Airwars on July 5th that “It is primarily Coalition aircraft conducting AIR strikes in Mosul. It has been a number of weeks since the Iraqis flew there.”
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Ahmed Hikmat al-Tai Adult male killed
Sources (4) [ collapse]
from sources (1) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Feb 22, 2018
The report contains insufficient information of the time, location and details to assess its credibility.
Original strike reports
For June 29th-30th the Coalition reported: “Near Mosul, three strikes engaged an ISIS tactical unit; destroyed 14 fighting positions, four supply caches, two tunnels, and a mortar system; and suppressed an ISIS tactical unit.” It additionally reported that “On June 29, near Mosul, Iraq, two strikes engaged two ISIS tactical units, destroyed seven fighting positions and two medium machine guns, and damaged eight supply routes.”