More than five civilians were wounded in an airstrike on a water tank behind the mosque in the Ta’as area of Dablan, according to local media – though only once source said that the Coalition was responsible, with others not apportioning blame.
According to Euphrates Post, “The military aircraft launched several simultaneous air strikes with cluster bombs indiscriminately targeting civilian houses“.
Euphrates Post named the wounded.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (2)
- Abu Subhi Mohammad al Rafe’ Age unknown male injured
- The family of Jarrah al Mohammad al Rafe’ Age unknown injured
- The son of Mohammed Al-Muheimmad Al-Munir Child male injured
- The wife of Hussein al-Ghabeh is in critical condition Adult female injured
- The son of Hamid Al Sari. Child male injured
Sources (3) [ collapse]
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
May 31, 2018
After a review of available information it was assessed that no Coalition strikes were conducted in the geographical area that correspond to the report of civilian casualties.
Original strike reports
For July 31st – August 1st: “ Near Dayr Az Zawr, three strikes destroyed 13 ISIS oil stills, an oil storage barrel and an ISIS chemical weapons factory.“