Between 10 and 12 civilians, including an entire family, died in an airstrike on Bokros Foqani, local media reported. The culprit is currently unclear, though Airwars understands that the Coalition was not bombing in this territory at the time, while Russia reportedly was. Some sources also attributed the blame to the Syrian regime.
According to Yasser Al-Zatra, “12 civilians, mostly children and women, died as a result of bombing by the American air force to the village of Buqrs Foqani”.
Euphrates Post put the death toll at 10 but didn’t identify the warplanes responsible. In addition to those listed below said that Zuhair al-Ayed’s entire family had died.
However, Step News Agency attributed the event to Russia, putting the death count at 10, “mostly women and children”.
One source reported that the raids struck “Hussein al-Ghandour house, Khader al-Rahil house, Samir al-Karim house, Al-Farabi secondary school, Post office centre, mosque (Issa al Mulla)” as well as some other unknown civilian homes.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Zuhair al-Ayed Adult male killed
- Mahran Al-Shatti Age unknown male killed
- Wife of Ammar Al Asmar Adult female daughter of Mohammed Al Hamdan killed
- Mrs. Malikah Al-Ali Al-Thiab Adult female killed
- Hussein Al-Hassan Al-Mallah Adult male killed
- Son of Khaled Al-Hassan Al-Mallah Age unknown male killed
- Asaad Al-Hussein Al-Mallah Age unknown male killed
- Saad Hussein Al-Mallah Adult male
- Daughter of Khaled Hussein Hasan al-Mallah Adult female killed
Sources (31) [ collapse]
from sources (2) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident mention the village of Buqrus Fawqani (بقرص فوقاني), eastern countryside of Deir Ezzor, for which the coordinates are: 35.090833,40.398056. Note that Buqrus Fawqani (فوقاني بقرص, upper Bokros) and Buqrus, or Buqrus Tahtani (تحتاني بقرص, lower Buqrus) are neighbouring towns
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Original strike reports
For October 1st-2nd the Coalition reporetd: “Near Abu Kamal, two strikes destroyed two ISIS well heads and a fighting position.Near Dayr Az Zawr, three strikes engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed two headquarters.”