Up to five civilians died including a child and two women in a reported airstrike on Al-ldikhar, according to local media. Reports were conflicted as to whether this was the work of the Coalition or Russia.
Smart news agency said that three civilians died in a strike “likely” carried out by the Coalition However RFS blamed Russia, putting the death toll at at least five including “two women, a girl and many wounded, in addition to the destruction of buildings”.
Q_Alenzy reported that one Coalition raid targeted “the roundabout area” in Al-Idikhar.
The Syrian Observatory said that there had been raids but didn’t identify the warplanes responsible.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
Sources (7) [ collapse]
Attached to this civilian harm incident is the Pentagon's declassified assessment of this civilian harm allegation, obtained by Azmat Khan and the New York Times through Freedom of Information requests and lawsuits filed since March 2017, alongside the corresponding press release published by the Pentagon. Airwars is currently analysing the contents of each file, and will update our own assessments accordingly.
US-led Coalition Assessment:
Civilian casualty statements
Jan 25, 2018
The report contains insufficient information of the time, location and details to assess its credibility.
Original strike reports
For March 25th-26th: “Near Ar Raqqah, four strikes engaged three ISIS tactical units; destroyed a fighting position, a tactical vehicle, and a mortar system; and damaged a supply route.”