Up to six civilians from one family, including a child and two women, were reported killed after an alleged Russian airstrike on Al Tamaanah. Two people were injured. The dead were later listed by the Syrian Network for Human Rights.
Local media activist Abdul Kader Al Bakri told the Network: “This time we traced a Russian radio frequency. Al Tamanaa’ town is under the control of An-Nusra Front, Ajnad Al Sham, Jund Al Aqsa, Faylaq Al Sham, and Ahrar Al Sham, however, the targeted house and its surrounding region were civilian areas that did not have any military presence in it.”
Ma’ara Media Centre also carried an eyewitness interview with an off-camera male who insisted the attack was Russian and had killed five of his close relatives: “I was in the village. I had come to see my family. I parked the car a distance away and got out. I saw my father looking up at the plane and my mother was shouting ‘get out get out the plane is going to hit us’ I told her it’s okay I’ll take you away. As I started approaching the bomb struck and it happened. My father was killed and my aunt, may God have mercy on them and my brother Mohammad and Badrieh and Abdo and Ahmad. The whole family was martyred.”
However, Smart News said the regime perpetrated the attack.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (6)
- Salah Al Shehnaa Adult male 50 years old killed
- Hind Mohamad Al Soussi Adult female Salah's 48 year old sister killed
- Mohammad Al Shehnaa Adult male Salah's 28 year old son killed
- Badreya Salah Al Shehnaa Adult female Salah's 28 or 29 year old daughter killed
- Abdo Salah Al Shehnaa Child male Salah's 11 year old son killed
- Ahmad Salah Al Shehnaa Child male Salah's 5 year old son killed