Eight civilians were reported killed in a confirmed Russian airstrike at Hayyan. Images showed heavy destruction in civilian neighbourhoods, with a number of badly injured people rescued.
The nearby Hraytan Hospital was also damaged according to Syria Relief and Development: “At 6:45 a.m. this morning in Syria, three Russian missiles targeted Hraytan Hospital, one of Aleppo’s largest hospitals, operated by U.S.-based nonprofit organization Syria Relief and Development (SRD). One missile fell directly in front of the hospital, landing about 90 feet from the hospital entrance and two rockets fell behind the hospital onto a building occupied by civilians. The attack resulted in three civilian injuries, including one child and two adults.”
Seven civilian fatalities, most from one family, were later named.
A woman named as Umm Thakla was also featured in a post-strike video from the town, mourning the reported loss of her entire family.
The incident occured at 06:45:00 local time.
The victims were named as:
Family members (7)
- Mohammed Sabouh Rustom Adult male 55 years old killed
- Khadija Deeboh Sabouh Rustam Adult female 18 years old killed
- Anas Mohammed Sabouh Rustom Child male 17 years old killed
- Rawiya Muhammad Sabouh Rustam Child female 17 years old killed
- Adel Mohammed Sabouh Rustom Child male 12 years old killed
- Mansour Mohamad Rustom Child male 9 years old killed
- Mohammed bin Abdo Sabouh Rustom Child male 4 years old killed
Sources (12) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia confirmed a strike at Hayyan for October 13th-14th 2015: “Near Hraytan, a Su-25SM made a strike against an ISIS ammunition and fuel depot. Direct hits of fragmentation air bombs completely destroyed the facilities.“