For the second day in a row Russian aircraft reportedly targeted Teir Ma’ala, this time killing nine or more civilians according to reports. “Russian warplanes launched two raids on the town of Teir Ma’alah missiles, one of which targeted the area around the town mosque, which killed nine and about four wounded, mostly women and children,” reported Smart News.
Footage reportedly showing the attacks also features announcements from the local mosque to take shelter during the raid.
The Violations Documentation Center later named eleven civilians, ten of them adult and one female child.
Local Pro-government site Al Ahed reported only that nine ‘militants’ were killed in the attack.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Mohammad Dahham al-Kusa Adult male killed
- Ayman Abdul Razak Qanatri Adult male killed
- Abdul Wakeel Ahmad al-Ibraheem Adult male killed
- Basem Abdul Kareem al-Ibraheem Adult male killed
- Mahmoud Abbas al-Kusa Adult male killed
- Ahmad Faisal Abbas Adult male killed
- Abdul Hakeem al-Satouf "al-Dairi" Adult male Also known as 'Bassam' killed
- Mustafa al-Ahdab Adult male killed
- Udai Ayman Qanatry Adult male killed
- Mohammad Adnan al-Ahdab Adult male killed
- Israa Mefleh Abbas Child female killed
Sources (7) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia once again made no reference to any airstrikes in Homs governorate for October 16th-17th 2015.