Between ten and 13 civilians including five children died in a Russian or Syrian regime airstrike on Kafr Karmin.
The Syrian Network later named some eight of the including one man, two women and five children.
One eyewitness said the attack came “Exactly after Friday prayer [when] Russian planes targeted the village of Kafr Karmeen and killed between five and ten martyrs.”
While most sources blamed Russia, Smart News, Ara News and Al Araby said regime aircraft were responsible.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Sjay Saleh al-Hameed Adult male 38 years old from Darkoush town killed
- Jamileh Mosa Ramadan Adult female 60 years old killed
- Abeer Mostafa Jowani Adult female 35 years old killed
- Jamileh Ahmad Abdullah Child female 12 years old killed
- Iman Abdullah Al Abdullah Child female 2 or 3 years old killed
- Marya Abdullah Abdullah Child female 5 months old or 2 years old killed
- Ayoush Mohamad Ali Child female 2 years old killed
- Hiba Abdullah Abdullah Child female 1 year old killed
Sources (8) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
According to the Kremlin “Russian aviation performed 36 combat sorties from the Hmeymim airbase engaging 49 ISIS facilities in the Hama, Idlib, Lattakia, Damascus and Aleppo provinces” on October 16th-17th 2015.