Eighteen civilians were killed in heavy airstrikes on Talbiseh, all from the Aloush and Swais families. Nine children were among the dead following at least three air raids. Graphic footage shows bombs being dropped in the centre of the town, followed by desperate rescue operations.
Opinion was divided on whether the attacks were by Russian or Assad regime aircraft. However, footage of an aircraft dropping bombs on the town that day appears to show an Su-22, an aircraft type not used by Russia in Syria at the time of the incident.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (8)
- Mustafa Adnan Aloush Child male killed
- Khaled Elwan Aloush Child male killed
- Adnan Aloush Child male killed
- Sajide Adnan Aloush Child female killed
- Khadeje Adnan Aloush Adult female killed
- Meriam Abdul Razak Aloush Adult female killed
- Meriam Abdul Kader Aloush Adult female killed
- Adnan Hasan Aloush Adult male killed
Family members (6)
- Masoud Saeid Swais Adult male killed
- Fadi Murhaf Masoud Swais Child male killed
- Omar Usama Masoud Swais Child male killed
- Jamal Hmadi Swais Child male killed
- Shahid Masoud Swais Child female killed
- Khaled Masoud Swais Child male killed
- Abdul Kareem al-Daher al-Zuair Adult male killed
- Nour Ziad al-Dhaik Adult female killed
- Shaaban Jnaid al-Khalaf Adult male killed
- Kamal Qasem Erfan Adult male killed
Sources (15) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
There is no published Russian Defence Ministry record for October 23rd-24th 2015.