Six or more civilians were reported killed in an airstrike at Barkoum. The Violations Documentation Center (which in English said the attack was by unidentified warplanes, and in Arabic attributed it to the Assad regime) later named the dead.
However other sources described the attack as the work of the Russian airforce.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (2)
- Fatema Abdul Aziz Bakkar Child female 15 years old killed
- Abdul Aziz Bakkar Adult male 40 years old killed
Family members (3)
- Yasmeen al-Mustafa Adult female 20 years old killed
- Meriam al-Mustafa Child female 9 years old
- Nour al-Mustafa Child female 12 years old
- Aysha al-Khather Adult female 40 years old
Sources (4) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
There is no published Russian Defence Ministry record for October 23rd-24th 2015.