Eight named civilians were killed and a number injured in a reported Russian night-time airstrike at Hraytan, near Aleppo.
The White Helmets – whose teams worked through the night to retrieve the dead and injured, reported: “Civil Defence team pulls out seven martyrs and several injured following Russian bombardement with vacuum missiles.“
Hraytan City, an opposition site, later published the names of eight people it said had died in the attack.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Haytham Ismail Quraifi Adult male killed
- Mohammad Masha’el Adult male 65 years old killed
- Abdullah Haytham Al Quraifi Child male 10 years old killed
- Mohammad Ghazal Adult male killed
- Mohammad Mustapha Abdo Adult male killed
- Mohammad Abdo Adult male killed
- Ahmad Ghazal Adult male killed
- Khudar Bin Ali Hamsho Adult male killed
Sources (12) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident mention the village of Hraytan (حريتان), for which the generic coordinates are: 36.287032, 37.08332. Due to limited satellite imagery and information available to Airwars, we were unable to verify the location further.
Original strike reports
The Russian Defence Ministry has confirmed carrying out airstrikes in Aleppo governorate on October 27th-28th 2015: “For 24 hours, aircraft of the Russian air group in the Syrian Arab Republic have performed 71 combat sorties engaging 118 terrorist objects in the Idlib, Homs, Hama, Aleppo, Damascus and Lattakia provinces…