At least nine civilians were reported killed – including five children and two women – in an alleged Russian strike on the town of Tal Hayda. Early reports claimed the strike involved cluster munitions.
Aleppo White Helmets noted at the time “Civil defence teams pulled out… 11 martyrs from Tal Hadya and dozens of injured.” And according to All4Syria “Field sources also reported that Russian aircraft launched several air strikes on the village of Tal Hadya in the southern countryside of Aleppo, killing eleven civilians, including four children and three women, in addition to more than twenty wounded.“
Violations Documentation Center later named nine victims.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (3)
- Daughter of Firas Abd al-Raheem al-Khashouf 1 Child female killed
- Wife of Firas Abd al-Raheem al-Khashouf Adult female killed
- Daughter of Firas Abd al-Raheem al-Khashouf 2 Child female killed
Family members (2)
- Wife of Ramzi al-Zaeim Adult female killed
- Son of Ramzi al-Zaeim Child male killed
- Mohammad Mustafa Bakkour Child male killed
- Daughter of Hosain al-Dasher Child female killed
- Naji al-Naji Adult male killed
- Daughter of Haytham Child female killed
Sources (6) [ collapse]
Reports of the incident mention the village of Tal Hadya (تل هادية), for which the generic coordinates are: 35.99595, 36.93908. Due to limited satellite imagery and information available to Airwars, we were unable to verify the location further.
Original strike reports
The Russian Defence Ministry has confirmed carrying out airstrikes in Aleppo governorate on October 27th-28th 2015: “For 24 hours, aircraft of the Russian air group in the Syrian Arab Republic have performed 71 combat sorties engaging 118 terrorist objects in the Idlib, Homs, Hama, Aleppo, Damascus and Lattakia provinces…