According to sources, an entire family of seven was killed overnight in their home in an alleged Russian or Syrian regime airstrike on Bulial. However some reports allege the death toll to be as high as ten. Several reports said that “the warplanes targeted the Ayed Al-Jaloud house in Ruwayda neighbourhood east of the city.”
Qasioun News blamed Russia for the airstrike, as died LCCSY.
However, the Syrian Network for Human Rights attributed the event to the Assad regime for the shelling on the neighbourhood.
Qasioun News noted that “there was been no media coverage on what is going on in the area because the city is under IS control”. It claimed that more than 20 civilians were wounded.
Other sources reported that six members of the same family were killed immediately with the first missile, and that the father died later from wounds following a leg amputation. Syrian News puts the death toll as high as 10, while the Facebook page of Deir Ezzor is Being Silently Slaughtered said that 11 people perished.
The Syrian Network for Human Rights said that the injuries were so critical that the death toll was expected to rise. Another source claimed that many were transported to a field hospital because of their critical injures.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (5)
- Ayed Al Jaloud Age unknown killed
- Shahad Abdulsalam al Ayed al Jalloud Age unknown killed
- Khaled al Aydid al Jalloud male killed
- Sham Abdulsalam al Ayed al Jalloud Age unknown killed
- Muhammad Faraj al Ayed al Jalloud Age unknown male killed
- Samar Al-Salameh Age unknown killed
- Rowayda Al-hamad Age unknown killed
- Iman Al-Suleiman Age unknown male killed
- Tirfah Hassan al Shuheili Age unknown killed
- Ahmed al Saleh Age unknown male killed
- Another unidentified body Age unknown killed
Sources (10) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any strikes between July 1st – 14th 2016.