Alleged Russian or Assad regime warplanes carried out airstrikes which struck and destroyed two family homes in Al Tabbani, killing ten civilians including five children, according to sources on the ground. The local news source, Deirezzor 24, said that the raids occurred at 10am.
Syrian PC and Baladi News both blamed Russian warplanes for the raid. SMO News and Al Jazeera however, blamed the Assad regime for the shelling against Dier Ezzor.
Multiple sources confirmed that 10 people were killed, including six people from the Al-Jijan family and four from the Yasin Al-Jouma’a family. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights argued that the civilian casualties were mostly women and children.
Shaam News Network and other local sources reported that the seriousness of those who were injured could increase the death toll.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (2)
- Yassin Al Jumaa Age unknown male killed
- Mohammed Al-Ahmad al Juma Age unknown male killed
Family members (5)
- Hashim Ali al-Jijan Age unknown male killed
- Mahmoud Ali al-Jijan Age unknown male killed
- Nazir Ali al-Jijan Age unknown male killed
- Rahik Ali al-Jajan Age unknown killed
- Wala’a Ali al-Jajan Age unknown female killed
- Noujoud al Karaya Age unknown female killed
- Muhannad al Sakha Age unknown male killed
- Aisha Turki al-A’ffara Age unknown female killed
Sources (18) [ collapse]
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any strikes between July 16th – 27th 2016.