Between seven and nine civilians, including two female children and two or three members of the civil defence died in airstrikes on Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib, according to sources on the ground. While the majority of reports blamed Russia, several attributed the attack to the Syrian regime or did not identify the culprit.
According to Smart, 20 civilians were also wounded. It reported “when the civil defense came to rescue them the warplanes came back and targeted their car. Two members of the civil defense were killed and two were wounded.”
The Syrian Network for Human Rights put the death toll at eight an in a later report at nine, reporting that “two female children and civil defense members” were killed.
PrimoAhmad, however, alleged three members of the civil defense died.
The source Mohamadsalomala attributed the event to the Syrian regime, while the Shaam News Network referred to “Russian/Assad planes”.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
- Abdul-Hamid Kirawan 35/36 years old male White Helmet killed
- Ibrahim Dayoub 30/31 years old male White Helmet killed
- Maher Saloum Al-Abed Age unknown killed
- Mohammed Khattab Abu-Anas Age unknown male killed
- Rami Mohammed Ref’at Idris Age unknown killed
- Norman Abdul-Razzak Child killed
- Bilal Issawi Age unknown killed
Sources (24) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any strikes between September 1st – 30th 2016.