Local media reported that 15 civilians including three children died and dozens more were wounded in alleged Russian airstrikes on the town of Hor, outside Aleppo – though sources were conflicted as to whether Russian warplanes of regime helicopters dropping barrel bombs were to blame.
Several sources reported twelve fatalities: for instance, Shahed-ayan news stated “12 people were killed and others wounded in a massacre committed by warplanes.
However, both Syria2011 News and Halab news published matching lists of 15 casualties.
Syria News Desk disagreed with claims that Russian planes were to blame and referred to helicopters instead. The source reported that “12 civilians, including three children, were killed and more than 15 others wounded yesterday [Sept 19th] when helicopters dropped two explosive barrels targeting houses in the center of Hor”.
The Syrian Network for Human Rights, who put the death toll at 14, blamed “government warplanes”.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (2)
- Ahmed Mahmoud Ismail Siraj 31 years old male killed
- Amor Mahmoud Ismail Siraj 27 years old male killed
Family members (2)
- Mohammed al-Akhras Age unknown male killed
- Saleh al-Akhras Age unknown male killed
- Ali Darwish Age unknown male killed
- Mohammad Adib Ghazi Age unknown male killed
- Mohammed Haj Mohammed Age unknown killed
- Mohammad Shibli Age unknown male killed
- Faten Shibli Age unknown female killed
- Omar Shaghal Age unknown male killed
- Malek Dibo Hajjo Age unknown male killed
- Malek Omar Qanti 31 years old male killed
- Youssef Abdel Almaanghazi Age unknown male killed
- Juma Mohammed Assi Age unknown male killed
- Bara Mohammed Hussein. Age unknown male killed
Sources (30) [ collapse]
Russian Armed Forces Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any strikes between September 1st – 30th 2016.