Between eight and nine civilians were reportedly killed in alleged Russian or Assad regime airstrikes on Kafr Batna in Eastern Ghouta.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights put the death toll at three including one woman with “others” wounded. According to Enabbaladi, “nine people, including seven children, were killed as a result of the targeting of a residential area in the city.”
KafrbatnaCity2011 identified eight victims by name while one more victim who couldn’t be identified.
The local time of the incident is unknown.
The victims were named as:
Family members (4)
- Sidra Abdel-Alim, Child female killed
- Mohammed Abdul-Alim Child male killed
- Jojo Abdul Alim Child killed
- Ola Abdul-Alim Child killed
- Abdul Razzaq al-Haristani Age unknown male killed
- Khayr Muta’a Age unknown female killed
- Maryam Derkzali Age unknown female killed
- Ngham Rabie Age unknown male killed
Sources (11) [ collapse]
Russian Military Assessment:
Original strike reports
Russia has not reported any strikes between September 1st – 30th 2016.